I have started exercising as it has been prescribed as part of my treatment regime! I get Sunday's off.
• Exercise is important in reducing breast cancer risk.
• 1-3 hours of moderate exercise per week can reduce your breast cancer risk by 30%.
• Exercise also can prevent obesity - Obesity is linked to breast cancer risk.
• Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise on most days of the week. If you haven't been particularly active in the past, start your exercise program slowly and gradually work up to a greater intensity. Try to include weight-bearing exercises such as walking, jogging or aerobics. These have the added benefit of keeping your bones strong.
INTERESTING BUT NOT ADVISED:
• Women who train strenuously may lose their menstrual cycle or become anovulatory, and therefore be exposed to far less estrogen.
• Exercise can delay the onset of a woman's first menstrual cycle, menarche, which also decreases breast cancer risk.
I have started a regime of homeopathic remedies, supplements and Chinese herbal medicines indicated for breast cancer. I am putting more faith in the energy medicine right now but hopefully they will play their part.
Below is the list of natural medicines I am taking:
- Conium 200ch
- Phytolacca 200ch
• Melatonin: Natural sleep hormone. Melatonin regulates the body’s circadian rhythm (sleep wake cycle).
The recommended dose is 9-45mg is but I am taking 3mg per night. A strange rule applies to melatonin which is if you feel sleepy the next day, increase the dose! I have only been brave enough to take 6mg and felt quite sleepy, with a mild headache the next day. Maybe will try 9 or more mg this week if feeling brave. But then maybe 3mg is what my body needs.
More about melatonin in next blog entry.
• Super Anti-oxidant
• Omega 3 & 6 oils
• Reservatrol: found in the skin of red grapes
CHINESE HERBAL MEDICINES:
WINGS HERBAL PRODUCTS:
• DIM & I3C: di-indolmethane & indole3-carbinol – extracts from cruciferous vegetables broccoli and cauliflower
• Mega EGCG: green tea extract
• A1 – MALIGNANCY: combo of Chinese medicinal herbs
• A1 – BREAST CANCER ADD ON: combo of Chinese medicinal herbs
• AV/AT: anti-tumour combo of Chinese medicinal herbs
• Tanshinone: anti-cancer, inhibits angiogenesis
Cancer cells are cells that have lost their ability to divide in a controlled fashion. A tumor consists of a population of rapidly dividing and growing cells.
Mutations rapidly accrue within this population of cells. These mutations (variation) allow the cancer cells (or sub-populations of cancer cells within a tumor) to develop drug resistance and escape therapy.
Tumors cannot grow beyond a certain size, generally 1-2 mm³, due to a lack of oxygen and other essential nutrients.
Tumors induce blood vessel growth (angiogenesis) by secreting various growth factors which supply required nutrients and/or remove wastes, allowing for tumor expansion.
Angiogenesis is a necessary and required step for transition from a small harmless cluster of cells, often said to be about the size of the metal ball at the end of a ball-point pen, to a large tumor.
Angiogenesis is also required for the spread of a tumor, or metastasis. Single cancer cells can break away from an established solid tumor, enter the blood vessel, and be carried to a distant site, where they can implant and begin the growth of a secondary tumor.