After 4 yrs, I've managed to log into Blogger. I had forgotten my password + the process of retrieval was not easy + one can't contact Blogger/Google + life happened.
- I'm still alive. Some people have emailed me to ask.
- I'm very well.
- My BFF since we were 8yrs old, Margie, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 2 yrs after me and we teamed up to form 'JoinCircles' - a brand that aims to encourage the discussion around the prevention (not just screening) of lifestyle-induced, hormonally-drived cancers like breast, ovarian, and prostate cancers.
For more info, pls join circles on Facebook and Twitter: JoinCircles.
Look out for our website which will be launched in October: www.joincircles.com + co.za
The first JoinCircles WORKSHOP will be held on 12.10.2014:
- We will share our stories about how we think own cancers developed, what we are doing to prevent a recurrence, and what you can do to hopefully prevent a similar cancer.
- Dr Heidi van Loggerenberg (M.Tech Hom) will introduce the principles of Functional Medicine and the 5 forces of illness. Heidi will summarize the most useful information she found on her journey related to the prevention of hormonally-driven, lifestyle-induced cancers.
- Peta Cohen (M.S, R.D) from USA will explain the Biochemistry of Estrogen Detoxification (the easy version;) which will help you tailor your lab testing, supplement and lifestyle prevention regime.
- Helen de Beer (R.D) will talk about a genetic estrogen detoxification panel which we can all now have tested from 18 yrs.
A colourful, estrogen detoxifying lunch (vegan, gluten & diary free) and green juice (folate-rich to support healthy estrogen methylation) by Ansel from CafeZing in the garden.
We've invited some of our favourite brands that support a non-toxic, cancer prevention lifestyle including a genetic testing company, labs that do Functional Medicine testing, nutrigenomic supplements Metagenics and Xymogen, a fertility and contraception option that doesn’t involve the Pill, clean body and household products, water filtration, healthy food, and of course raw chocolate because there must always be chocolate!